🌱 HBCU Financial Wellness Center + Body Found + Trunk-Or-Treat
Get on, Jackson! It’s Tuesday so let’s start with everything you need to know about what’s happening in Jackson today.
First the weather today:
Will be cloudy. High: 77 Low: 57.
Here are the top stories from today in Jackson:
- Jackson State University started the first HBCU Financial Wellness Center program. you Financial wellness center wants to support students through coaching, workshops and digital resources to achieve their financial goals. You will also provide resources for financial literacy related to money management, budgeting, savings, creditworthiness, and lending. (WJTV)
- the Jackson Police Department investigated after a body was found in an abandoned building on Monday. The decomposed body was found in the former Companies Buildings nearby Terrystrasse. According to the police, the man was found with a rope around his arm and a syringe near the body. (WAPT-Jackson)
- Mississippi outlets organizes a trunk-or-treat event on October 30th with games, handicrafts and a dance party from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. (WJTV)
- Jackson has launched a new call for proposals for garbage collection and requested it by November 23 at 3pm (WLBT).
- Residents and Jackson City City council spoke about solutions as Jackson is approaching the deadliest year ever. (WLBT)
Today’s Jackson Daily is brought to you from our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring can do a lot more than just doorbells: Check out the full range of smart home products on Ring.com. and Thank you ring for helping get the local news in Jackson!
Today in Jackson:
- Pearl: Simply Crafts – Pearl Public Library (6:00 p.m.)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
You’re officially up to date for today. I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow with your next update! If you feel these newsletters, consider bringing some of your friends and neighbors on board with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Kayla Harrison
About me: Kayla Harrison is a professor of writing arts and a freelance writer for content creation agency Lightning Media Partners. She has a Masters Degree in Writing Arts and is grateful that she includes writing in everything she does. In her spare time, she listens to podcasts, writes poetry, and visits local cafes.