Manager Spiritual Wellness – Episcopal News Service
Saint Luke’s Bishop Spencer Place offers a wonderful full-time career opportunity for a full-time chaplain interested in working in elderly care. Bishop Spencer Place is a nonprofit life plan retirement community between Westport and the Plaza and is part of the Saint Luke’s Health System.
Our pastors look after our residents, employees and relatives. The specific duties of the position include:
- Providing the administrative and financial supervision and management of the Spiritual Wellness department for multi-level residential communities for seniors.
- Offer supervision for volunteers in the field of spiritual wellness.
- Retain service records and resources for the bishop’s chapel.
- Provide liturgical guidance and development for worship and other opportunities for spiritual expression.
- Attend the SLHS Spiritual Wellness Committees, SLH Ethics Committee, Task Forces, and Ceremonial Functions.
- Establish and integrate spiritual wellness practices, standards and goals with the Director of Spiritual Wellness along with other SLHS Spiritual Wellness chaplains.
- Provide religious, spiritual, and emotional care and advice to residents, their families and / or intimate networks, as well as Bishop Spencer Place staff, students, and volunteers, paying attention to different spiritual orientations and cultures.
- Cooperation with an interdisciplinary team in the care of assistant physicians.
- Assisting Clinical Pastoral Educators in training Clinical Pastoral Education interns and residents in clinical skills and in providing spiritual guidance by serving as a Preceptor.
Qualified candidates should be an episcopal priest, with preference given to those who meet the BCC criteria. Lutheran pastors who meet the BCC criteria are also considered.
- Applicable experience: Less than 1 year
- Master’s Degree: Divinity (Required)
- Full time
- Day (United States of America)
“The best place to take care of yourself. The best place to take care. ”That is the vision of Saint Luke and our 12,000 plus employees strive for that vision every day, whether in a hospital, clinic, practice or office. Saint Luke employees are proud of our rich history and heritage, and that we remain the only devout, nonprofit locally owned healthcare system in Kansas City. Working at Saint Luke’s means joining a team of exceptional professionals who always strive for excellence in patient care. Take this opportunity to do the best work of your career in a very diverse and inclusive work environment where all voices count.
Join the Kansas City area’s premier healthcare provider. Equal opportunities for all employees. We only hire non-tobacco users.
As of November 1, 2021, full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for all Saint Luke’s Health System employees unless a medical or religious exception is approved.