VUSD offers free social-emotional wellness workshops
The Visalia Unified School District offers a number of free virtual workshops for families.
According to VUSD, the social-emotional wellness workshop series offers participants “helpful insights into how the home can be strengthened in such uncertain times”.
The first workshop will take place on Wednesday and will be offered on the district’s parent university website.
Each workshop lasts 1.5 hours with Zoom and usually consists of six different sessions.
Here is a list of the workshops:
- February 17th – Promoting school engagement: relationships, routines, resilience
- 3 March – Take care of your family’s socio-emotional needs
- 17. March – Strengthening healthy relationships at home
- 7th of April – Support your family in coping with traumatic events
- April 14th – Create expectations and set limits
- April 28th – Supporting positive mental health in children
Further information can be found at https://www.vusd.org/parentuniversity
Contact education reporter Kristan Obeng at [email protected] Follow her on Twitter @KrissyObeng.
Support of local journalism: Subscribe to the Visalia Times Delta today.